|Title:||Junior Network Administrator|
|Location:||River Falls, Wisconsin|
· Maintain and monitor office network management hardware and act as the primary administrator for managed devices. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures. Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for network administration tasks. Identify unique approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
· Serve as the point of contact for our standard relationships with providers such as ISP’s, telecommunications, cloud-hosting, and software as a service providers.
· Keep an expiration plan for server, office, and developer computers. Upgrade these resources according to a consistent schedule. Update documentation and track the resources and how they are configured.
· Audit and report on cloud platform virtual machines and accurately represent expenditures on hosting costs separated by individual business sector utilization.
· Establish a process to identify risks and vulnerabilities. Assume responsibility to protect and purge any malicious software and patch vulnerabilities.
· Manage the process and policies associated with administration of the local network and security. Maintain a log of operational procedures and definitions supporting each requirement.
· Complete monthly PA-DSS and PCI-DSS documentation on logging, system access, local password policy, etc.
· Assign any computer connected to the domain an IP based on unique MAC address in order to limit access to the clean DMZ to only known devices.
Operations and Support
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Review scheduled jobs and ensure they are completed according to procedure.
· Create, change, and delete employee domain, email, and other applicable accounts.
· Follow Bug Reporting and New Feature / Enhancement procedures when collecting information escalated from the service and support team. Communicate quickly and effectively with the development department only after proper testing procedures have been completed.
· Strive for a complete working knowledge of software utilized by our clients in order to understand user stories and troubleshoot effectively.
· Implement quality assurance tests and analyze new software features on initial unreleased versions. Test thoroughly for performance, functionality, user experience, and quality.
Knowledge and Skills
· Industry Certification a plus (AWS, Cisco, Microsoft Academy)
· Continued independent online academia and involvement in the local technology community encouraged
· Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
· Provides occasional technical guidance and mentoring to fellow employees.
· Software updates and data migration will sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice. Performing these operations outside of regular business hours is necessary in some cases.
· Travel to remote office or warehouse locations may be required.
· Associates or progress towards a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Bilingual a Big PlusCOMPENSATION/BENEFITS:
1. Position starts at $45k annually, with performance reviews at 6 months and annually thereafter. Salaried, Full-Time Position
2. Medical/Dental offered the 1st of the month following 60 days of service, PTO, Paid Holidays, and 401(k) available after 1 year of service.